Sunday, March 15, 2009

SoundTrack: Human Jigsaw - Drugzilla


Artist: Drugzilla
Source: Naomi McArdle


Meek and mild are regularly-used adjectives, but not for Lisdoonvarna duo DRUGZILLA. Fuelled by profanity and Buckfast, their Speedcore sound is described as music so filthy you need to wear a condom while listening or else you'll get an STD and the best thing to come from the bog since Magic Mushrooms.

Factually defined by over 20,000 deranged MySpace fans before members Human Jigsaw and Manimal had so much as an EP under their belts, in late 2008 their extreme style achieved the unprecedented win of regional newspaper, The Clare People's Artist of 2008. On the back of a successful slot at UK festival I Hate Trance, DRUGZILLA recently released the Alcoholocaust EP on iTunes, and late March sees the band take to the road for a rare tour to Cork, Limerick and Dublin. Drop-D collared Jigsaw to pin down the influential sprawl of DRUGZILLA....

Drop-D : Can you pigeonhole your tastes into one particular genre or do your preferences spread through an array of influences?

Jigsaw: I listen to such a wide variety of music it's hard to pigeonhole my taste but the one thing that really gets me going is extremity in music. Be it epic stuff like Cult of Luna, harsh power electronics like Whitehouse or brutal extreme Metal like Beneath The Massacre.

Drop-D : What triggered your musical infatuation?

Jigsaw: For as long as I can remember I was into music. The first band that blew me away was The Progidy and then when I heard The Bezerker when I was 15, who mix hardcore Techno with Death Metal, my life was changed forever. It's around this time I started producing extreme electronic music and started getting into Death Metal and other extreme genres of music.

Clicky clicky for the rest of the article.

No comments: